1.11.2012

Out there and havin' fun, in the warm California New Zealand sun.

Hello! How are you!
I've been in Nelson now for almost two weeks. I've had a very easygoing life so far. Most days, I get up whenever the sun hits our bedroom windows (usually 830 or 900), head downstairs, start up my laptop, and put the coffee pot on the stove. After a cup of coffee and some time to check my email, I drink a glass of water, stretch, and put on my running shoes. Then I head around the corner from our little house on Washington Rd. and jog up the hill on Arrow St. to Quebec Rd.
Today, I took the camera with me to document my regular walk/run up to the cliffs and back. It's incredibly convenient, as my path makes a loop that spits me out, via a walkway parallel to the street, back onto Washington Rd. about four blocks from our house. That said, the origin of these photos isn't that interesting - I'm running up a big hill and back down the other side - but the scenery is great. On the way up, there's a great view of Nelson. As Quebec Rd. curves toward the top of the hill and I'm heading roughly west (I think), the trees open up to a slice of the ocean. And finally, after I hit the top, the water is in full view as I make my way back down the hill.
Presented below is a mini photo documentary of my path.
Photobucket
The view up Arrow St.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Curving onto Quebec Rd.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A view of the group of apartments where we live.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some views of Nelson from about halfway up the hill.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some views from Quebec Rd., facing away from the water.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
At the end of Quebec Rd., some shots from the crest of Princes Dr.Photobucket
Looking down the hill on Princes Dr. This is where I'm going next. It's steep enough that I kinda roll my ankles if I try to run straight down it. Being from Minneapolis, I am not used to hills like these.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
More shots of progress down the hill.
Photobucket
The turn down to
Photobucket
here, the walkway that leads back to Washington Rd., where we live.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Washington Rd.
Photobucket
A picture of our, uh, apartment complex. We live in a unit that comprises maaaaybe a quarter of this.
Photobucket
Home! A view of our little courtyard. It looks a lot nicer when we've extended that flash new umbrella we bought over the weekend.

And that's about that. I'm getting back into running, and it's gotten a lot easier since I started over a week ago. Getting to the top of the hill and seeing the ocean is a huge motivator; I'm not much of a photographer, but the view is majestic.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot to report. I've started applying to jobs, and I've got one small freelance project going back in Minnesota. I've been spending the rest of my time getting some exercise, reading, drawing, and enjoying Corina's company. I'm happy! Now I just need to start making some money.
Hope you're all well. Feel free to comment on this if you're reading it, or write me an email or a note on the Facebook. Miss you guys.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm reading it, Noel! Looks totally amazing. So glad you're happy. Keep writing so Matt and I know what you're up to!

-Joanna

noel said...

Thanks, Joanna! I will do that.